Enter the December Holiday Art Contest!
*Media Highlight image by artist LordKvento.
The entry period for the X Rated Fairy Tale contest is just about coming to an end, so while that contest wraps up we thought we’d go ahead and announce our next Slushe art contest. What could it be? Well, it’s December, so it only makes sense that we go with a holiday theme! Now we know there’s a few different holidays on this month, but the ones we’re thinking of are Christmas, Chanukah, Festivus, Solstice, Kwanzaa, and everything in that wheelhouse. It doesn't matter which festive December holiday you personally celebrate (or don't celebrate), just pick one and use it as the foundation for a hot, sexy image!
Slushe Art Contest Rules
1st Prize: A featured spot on the Slushe big banner for 1 month, a feature blog post on Slushe, a spot on the feature banner on Affect3D.com for 1 month, and a unique contest winner badge.
Runners-Up Prize: Top 10 contest badge.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, December 22nd, 2019
Top 10 Poll: December 23th-24th 2019
Public Poll: December 25th 2019 - January 1st 2020
Winner announcement: January 2nd, 2019
- To enter this contest, create a 3D or 2D image in the spirit of the December holidays, then upload it to your Slushe account with the tag "Dec Holiday Contest 19”.
- Exclusive December Holiday Art Contest Rule: Because of the shorter entry period for this contest, we are waiving the "original" rule which typically prevents users from entering previously created artworks. In this case, users may enter a previously created image with a December holiday theme to the contest, provided it was created on or after November 1st, 2019. The intent of this rule is to include artists who got into the spirit of holidays early, but would have had their seasonal artwork excluded by the original entry rule had it remained. The rule is not intended to allow you to double enter a submission you used for a previous art contest (aka x-rated fairytale elves standing in for Christmas elves -- please don't re-submit secondary renders from other contests). To enter an artwork to the Holiday contest that has already been uploaded to Slushe, just edit the upload, add the "Dec Holiday Contest 19" tag, then save.
- Your image must meet Slushe’s Site Rules and should not include content that would categorize the image into one of Slushe's Opt-in categories (Dubcon, Furry, Scat, Watersports, and Zoo).
- Image format: Hi-res JPG or PNG
- Your image must be tagged with “Dec Holiday Contest 19" and posted by 11:59PM GMT-11 Sunday, December 22nd, 2019.
Selection of Winners
- Selection of the winner will take place in two parts, an initial closed voting stage to determine the top 10 contest entries and the final open voting stage to determine the 1st prize winner.
- The closed voting stage is judged by a panel of Slushe staff and randomly selected Slushe users. Each judge is given a set number of points (amount will vary based on the total number of entries) to distribute among all entries. When distributing points, the closed voting panel is asked to consider the overall quality of the image, the artist's interpretation of the theme, creativity, and whether the artwork is in the spirit of the site and contest, though ultimately each judge is free to apply their own tastes while judging. The 10 highest scoring entries will make up the contest top 10.
- If you would like to participate in the closed voting stage as a judge, please submit your email address via this form and Slushe will send you a voting form during the closed voting stage if your name is drawn from the pool. Judges are drawn randomly, and may judge multiple contests in succession or none, depending on the size of the pool. Judges must submit their voting forms within the allotted time or their points will not be counted.
- Proportion Rule: In this contest we will experiment with the Proportion rule. This rule is designed to address futanari favoritism among artists and users on Slushe by modifying above rule. Instead of the closed vote judges selecting their top 10 favorite entries from the entire pool of submissions, they will select their top 10 from two separate pools. One pool will consist entirely of entries featuring futanari characters, and the other will contain all the entries not featuring futanari characters. Once the entries have been judged, we will select the top 10 from both pools in proportion with the number of submissions in each pool. For example, if 100 entries are received, and 70 are futanari, and 30 are non-futanari. We will select the top 7 from the futanari pool, and the top 3 from the non-futanari pool.
- The open voting stage is conducted by poll. During the open voting stage the poll will be posted on the front page of Slushe.com for users to vote in. Any registered Slushe users can participate in the open vote. The entry with the most votes at the end of the voting period is the 1st prize winner.
- Artists wishing to work in teams may do so. To designate a team entry, just clearly list the members of your team in the text of your post. All participating artists may upload the work to their respective Slushe account, but it is not necessary to do so. (If a team wins the contest, all members of the team will win all prizes.)
- Artists may not win 1st prize more than twice in the past 12 months, and will not be considered for the top 10 if they have won the 1st prize twice already. Any artist who has won twice in the past 12 months is still welcome to participate as a non-entrant for display in the contest voting post.
Media Highlight by Artist: LordKvento
Today's Media Highlight comes from LordKvento's Magical Christmas image set. This set features three of Kvento's gorgeous girls enjoying a bit of holiday fun and mischief. The story also has two parts, this one, and Ice Princess, which Kvento generously included in the 2018 Affect3D Charity Set. With Kvento's help we were able to raise thousands for charity, so props all around to this prolific 3DX artist! If you haven't seen Ice Princess yet, last year's charity set was recently made free to download when we announced the 2019 Charity Drive, so check it out. After you've done that, head over to LordKvento's gallery and give him a follow!