Enter the Halloween Art Contest!
*Media Highlight image by artist DB|Spencer.
Hey Slusheans, the Goth themed September contest is still being judged by our new judging panel, with the public vote for that contest scheduled to go up later this week. In the interim, however, we thought we’d kick off the start to another art contest for Halloween since many of you are already making artwork for this festive, spooky holiday. The theme for this contest is simply "Halloween" so you're free to interpret that as broadly as you like. That said, the rules for this contest will be a bit different since we know some of you have already created Halloween images for the season. Please read the rules below carefully to see what we mean.
Slushe Halloween Art Contest Rules
1st Prize: A featured spot on the Slushe big banner for 1 month, a feature blog post on Slushe, a spot on the feature banner on Affect3D.com for 1 month, and a unique contest winner badge.
Runners-Up Prize: Top 10 contest badge.
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, October 23, 2019 11:59pm GMT-11
Top 10 Poll: October 23-25 2019
Public Poll: October 26-30 2019
Winner announcement: October 31st, 2019
- To enter this contest, create a 3D or 2D image in the spirit of Halloween, then upload it to your Slushe account with the tag “halloween contest 19”.
- Exclusive Halloween Art Contest Rule: Because of the shorter entry period for this contest, we are waiving the "original" rule which typically prevents users from entering previously created artworks. In this case, users may enter a previously created image with a Halloween theme to the contest, provided it was created on or after August 15th, 2019. The intent of this rule is to include artists who got into the spirit of Halloween early, but would have had their seasonal artwork excluded by the original entry rule had it remained. The rule is not intended to allow you to double enter a submission you used for a previous art contest (aka we know there's some cross over between Goth and Halloween -- please don't re-submit secondary renders from your goth contest entry to the Halloween contest). To enter an artwork to the Halloween contest that has already been uploaded to Slushe, just edit the upload, add the "halloween contest 19" tag, then save.
- As usual, the image must meet Slushe’s Site Rules and should not include content that would categorize the image into one of Slushe's Opt-in categories (Dubcon, Furry, Scat, Watersports, and Zoo).
- Image format: Hi-res JPG or PNG
- Your image must be tagged with “halloween contest 19” and posted by Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019, 11:59pm GMT-11.
Selection of Winners
- Selection of the winner will take place in two parts, an initial closed voting stage to determine the top 10 contest entries and the final open voting stage to determine the 1st prize winner.
- The closed voting stage is judged by a panel of 1/3 Slushe staff and 2/3 randomly selected Slushe users. Each judge is given a set number of points (amount will vary based on the total number of entries) to distribute among all entries. When distributing points, the closed voting panel is asked to consider the overall quality of the image, the artist's interpretation of the theme, creativity, and whether the artwork is in the spirit of the site and contest, though ultimately each judge is free to apply their own tastes while judging. The 10 highest scoring entries will make up the contest top 10.
- If you would like to participate in the closed voting stage as a judge, please submit your email address via this form and Slushe will send you a voting form during the closed voting stage if your name is drawn from the pool. Judges are drawn randomly, and may judge multiple contests in succession or none, depending on the size of the pool. Judges must submit their voting forms within the allotted time or their points will not be counted.
- 5 & 5 Rule: For the Halloween 2019 contest, we will continue experimenting with the 5 & 5 rule introduced in the September Goth contest. The 5 & 5 rule is designed to address futanari favoritism among artists and users on Slushe by modifying above rule. Instead of the closed vote judges receiving one form, they will receive two. One voting form will contain all the entries featuring futanari characters, and the other will contain all the entries not featuring futanari characters. The top 5 entries determined by each vote will be cast into the Top 10 and presented in the open vote.
- The open voting stage is conducted by public poll. During the open voting stage the poll will be posted on the front page of Slushe.com for users to vote in. Any registered Slushe users can participate in the open vote. The entry with the most votes at the end of the voting period is the 1st prize winner.
- Artists wishing to work in teams may do so. To designate a team entry, just clearly list the members of your team in the text of your post. All participating artists may upload the work to their respective Slushe account, but it is not necessary to do so. (If a team wins the contest, all members of the team will win all prizes.)
- Artists may not win 1st prize more than twice per calendar year, and will not be considered for the top 10 if they have won the 1st prize twice already. Any artists who has won twice in a calendar year is still welcome to participate as a non-entrant for display in the contest voting post.
- Artist may only submit one artwork per contest. If the artwork is part of a collection of images, the entry should be assigned as the post's cover image and it should be displayed first in the series. If there is a possibility the image being entered could be confused with another image in a series, please make a note in the text of your upload to clarify which is your entry.
Media Highlight by Artist: Db|spencer
Few 3DX artists gets into the Halloween spirit as much as DB|Spencer! This artist has created quite a few tricks and treats over the years, and when it comes to sexy Halloween themed 3DX, it's hard not to think of the warm glow of pumpkins from this microset DB created back in 2015. You can see the whole thing over at DB's Slushe profile, plus a lot more! Don't miss her!