Enter the Next Slushe Art Contest: Goths
*Media Highlight image by artist Casgra.
Break out the plum lipsticks and black lace, Slusheans, our next contest theme has been decided and it's Goths! Two users remarked to us that they were surprised to see this contest theme take the lead, but we live in an era when billionaire tech entrepreneurs are tweeting 2B fanart, so can't say we're surprised. Anyway, we're also expecting to see a lot of variety here from artists, be it in the form of punky gothic vampires or dainty gothic lolita girls, let your imagination run wild in the dark!
Before you head off into a Byzantine castle (yes, you're welcome to go that route if you really want to) please check out the rules below. We've made a few rule changes that may become permanent or frequently occurring rules for future contests if they're work well for everyone. One of the new rules is regard to selection of the top 10, and if you'd like to help out with that please sign up here.
Slushe Art Contest Rules
1st Prize: A featured spot on the Slushe big banner for 1 month, a feature blog post on Slushe, a spot on the feature banner on Affect3D.com for 1 month, and a unique contest winner badge.
Runners-Up Prize: Top 10 contest badge.
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, October 1st, 2019
Top 10 Poll: October 8th-14th 2019
Public Poll: October 15-21st 2019
Winner announcement: October 22nd, 2019
- To enter this contest, create an original 3D or 2D image that fits the contest theme "Goths", then upload it to your Slushe account with the tag “september contest 19”.
- "Original" means created specifically for this contest. Any image that can be proven to have been created prior to the start of the contest will be disqualified.
- Your image must meet Slushe’s Site Rules and should not include content that would categorize the image into one of Slushe's Opt-in categories (Dubcon, Furry, Scat, Watersports, and Zoo).
- Image format: Hi-res JPG or PNG
- Your image must be tagged with “september contest 19” and posted by the end of day Tuesday, October 1st, 2019.
Selection of Winners
- Selection of the winner will take place in two parts, an initial closed voting stage to determine the top 10 contest entries and the final open voting stage to determine the 1st prize winner.
- The closed voting stage is judged by a panel of 1/3 Slushe staff and 2/3 randomly selected Slushe users. Each judge is given a set number of points (amount will vary based on the total number of entries) to distribute among all entries. When distributing points, the closed voting panel is asked to consider the overall quality of the image, the artist's interpretation of the theme, creativity, and whether the artwork is in the spirit of the site and contest, though ultimately each judge is free to apply their own tastes while judging. The 10 highest scoring entries will make up the contest top 10.
- If you would like to participate in the closed voting stage as a judge, please submit your email address via this form and Slushe will send you a voting form during the closed voting stage if your name is drawn from the pool. Judges are drawn randomly, and may judge multiple contests in succession or none, depending on the size of the pool. Judges must submit their voting forms within the allotted time or their points will not be counted.
- 5 & 5 Rule: For the September 2019 contest, we will experiment with the 5 & 5 rule. The 5 & 5 rule is designed to address futanari favoritism among artists and users on Slushe by modifying above rule. Instead of the closed vote judges receiving one form, they will receive two. One voting form will contain all the entries featuring futanari characters, and the other will contain all the entries not featuring futanari characters. The top 5 entries determined by each vote will be cast into the Top 10 and presented in the open vote.
- The open voting stage is conducted by poll. During the open voting stage the poll will be posted on the front page of Slushe.com for users to vote in. Any registered Slushe users can participate in the open vote. The entry with the most votes at the end of the voting period is the 1st prize winner.
- Artists wishing to work in teams may do so. To designate a team entry, just clearly list the members of your team in the text of your post. All participating artists may upload the work to their respective Slushe account, but it is not necessary to do so. (If a team wins the contest, all members of the team will win all prizes.)
- Artists may not win 1st prize more than twice per calendar year, and will not be considered for the top 10 if they have won the 1st prize twice already. Any artists who has won twice in a calendar year is still welcome to participate as a non-entrant for display in the contest voting post.
Media Highlight by Artist: Casgra
3DX artist Casgra is known for creating sexy, cute girls who fuck an array of men, monsters, and other creepy horrors. Today's Media Highlight, however, just shows off the former, but watch out, she still looks fierce. Who knows, she may even bite, but you'll probably enjoy it. Want to enjoy these Good Vibes and more? Head over to Casgra's Slushe page and check out their work!